Migration (LIN 18/036: Period, manner and evidence of labour market testing) Instrument is now in effect.
Changes in the LMT requirements are as follows:
* Must be for a minimum of 4 weeks
* Must be undertaken in the 4 months immediately prior to lodgement
* Must advertise salary if less than $96,400
* Must advertise skills and experience
* Must have available alternative arrangements for posts with annual earnings more than $250,000
Guidelines on advertisements on recruitment websites:
* Gumtree is NOT acceptable website for LMT.
* Advertisement through general classified website such as AUFreeAds and FreeAdsAustralia or through social media such as Twitter and Instagram is NOT accepted.
* SEEK, jobactive.gov.au and other prominent and professional recruitment websites are accepted.
* Recruitment sites for a specific industry that are significantly used for nominated occupations are accepted, e.g Frontline Hospitality Recruitment.
* For LinkedIn, vacancies restricted to profile members only are NOT acceptable. Recruitment is acceptable for LMT purposes nonetheless.
* It is not necessary for the sponsor to post the advertisement itself. Recruitment company or associated entity may place the advertisement as an authorized third party.
This new instrument is on effect on lodged applications but are still pending, and nominations made on or after 12 August 2018.