Who can be a sponsor for a Parent Visa 103?
The child of the main applicant
For a Parent Visa Subclass 103, the sponsor is typically the child of the parents who wish to migrate to Australia. However, the sponsor must meet certain eligibility criteria to be eligible to sponsor their parents for this visa. Here are the key requirements for a sponsor:
- Be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or Eligible New Zealand Citizen: The sponsor must be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen. Only individuals with one of these statuses can sponsor their parents for this visa.
- Be settled and regularly live in Australia.
- Age requirement: The sponsor must be 18 years old or above.
The relative or eligible person
If the child of the visa applicant is under 18 years old, then a relative or eligible person can sponsor the visa applicant on behalf of the child. In this case, the sponsor must:
- be an Australian citizen, Australian Permanent resident, or an eligible New Zealand citizen.
- residing in Australia and have established settled status.
- 18 years of age or older.
The 103-visa sponsor must also fall into one of the following categories:
- is the child’s co-habiting spouse.
- is a relative or guardian of the child.
- is a relative or guardian of the child’s co-habiting spouse.
The community organization
Your community organization is eligible to sponsor a visa 103 applicant if the following conditions are met:
- There is an established connection between the organization and the applicant’s child.
- A senior representative of the organization is willing to act as the sponsor for the applicant.
- The organization has been legally established and recognized within Australia.
- The organization has been actively engaged in its activities within Australia for at least one year.
- The organization possesses the capacity to meet its financial commitments.
There is no cost to sponsor a visa subclass 103.
If you have any questions about the visa 103 sponsorship, call us on 07 3003 1899 or fill in the enquiry form. Our experienced Registered Migration Agents are here to help!
What are obligations of a visa 103 sponsor?
Sponsoring a Parent Visa Subclass 103 applicant comes with certain obligations and responsibilities. The sponsor must:
- Provide Assurance of Support (AoS): The Assurance of Support involves financial support for the 103-visa holder(s). It typically includes the accommodation and financial help for at least 2 years from the date of visa being granted. There will be an income test for this, and the income threshold will vary depending on your circumstance. Go to this website to find out if you are eligible for an Assurance of Support: https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/who-can-be-assurer-for-assurance-support?context=2205
- Keep Authorities Informed: The sponsor must inform the Department of Home Affairs if there are any significant changes in their own circumstances, such as changes in income, changes in address, or any other relevant information.
Not sure if you are eligible to sponsor your parent to Australia under a visa 103? Contact us today at 07 3003 1899 or fill out the enquiry form!