What are requirements for a TRA skill assessment?
There are 4 steps to pass a TRA skill assessment(including Provisional Skills Assessment (PSA) and Job ready program):
Step 1 – Provisional Skills Assessment (PSA)
To pass this step, you must have a qualification directly related to your nominated occupation that was awarded by the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) as a result of studies in Australia.
The processing time for this step is currently within 3 months and the PSA outcome is valid for up to 3 years from the issue date.
The assessment fee for this step is $130.
Step 2 – Job Ready Employment (JRE)
This step is to help you gain necessary experience within an Australian workplace and help you foster your relevant skills to your chosen occupation.
To pass this step, you must:
- Complete at least 1725 hours of fulltime or equivalent part-time paid employment over a minimum of 12 months from your JRE start date. If you take extended leave or have any period of unemployment, it will take you longer to complete this step.
- Find suitable employment that is approved by Trades Recognition Australia
- Submit the JRE application when your PSA is still valid
- Have completed a Skills Progress Report (self-assessment record of the skills and activities you have undertaken in your workplace as you develop your skills in your occupation) six months after your JRE start date or when you are deemed eligible for Step 3 (see below for details)
- The assessment fee for Job Ready Employment is $490.
The processing time for an JRE application is lengthy, which can take up to 6 months to have the assessment outcome.
Step 3 – Job Ready Workplace Assessment (JRWA)
This step is to assess whether or not you have ability to work at the skill level required for your occupation in Australia.
To pass this step, you must:
- Provide evidence of paid employment in your occupation for at least 863 hours over a minimum of 6 months from your JRE start date.
- Provide an acceptable Skills Progress Report (SPR), Employment Verification Report (EVR) and any other required evidence confirming you are performing the expected tasks and duties to a suitable standard for your occupation.
- Have your employer signed your EVR and confirmed that they agree to the assessment being conducted at your workplace.
- You must pay $2845 for the assessment fee.
The current processing time is 5 months, however, if you apply after November 2023, you may be contacted within 60 days from the application date.
Step 4 – Job Ready Final Assessment (JRFA)
- Have a successful Job Ready Workplace Assessment (JRWA) outcome,
- Have completed the employment requirements of Job Ready Employment (JRE) by providing evidence of paid employment in your occupation of at least 1725 hours over a minimum of 12 months from your JRE start date.
- The fee for Job Ready Final Assessment Review is $75.
The current processing time for this step is within 1.5 months from the application date.
Check if you are eligible for a TRA migration skill assessment? Contact us today at 07 3003 1899 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Our experienced migration agents will contact you within 24 hours at the latest.