From 1st July 2018, the pool and pass mark for general skilled migration visas has been raised to 65 points, a 5-point increase. This applies for the following visa:
- Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189)
- Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190)
- Skilled Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489)
This change applies to applications which are lodged on or after 1st July 2018 in response to an invitation received on or after 1st July 2018.
For applications lodged from 1st July 2018 in response to an invitation received before this day, transitional arrangements will apply and the pool and pass mark remains at 60.
So, if an invitation is received:
- Before 1st July 2018: you will need at least 60 points
- On or after 1st July 2018: you will need at least 65 points