On 18 April 2017, the Australian Department of immigration announced that the Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457 visa) will be abolished and replaced with the completely new Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) visa in March 2018.
The TSS visa programme will be comprised of a Short-Term stream of up to two years and a Medium-Term stream of up to four years and will support businesses in addressing genuine skill shortages in their workforce and will contain a number of safeguards which prioritise Australian workers.
Here are some summary of new TSS visa information. We found that there are many detailed information need to be confirmed by Department.
TSS – The Short-Term Stream :
- Renewal: Capacity for visa renewal onshore once only – Maximum 4 years
- Occupation lists : STSOL
- English language requirements (IELTS) (or equivalent test) score of 5, with a minimum of 4.5 in each test component.
- Genuine entry: A genuine temporary entrant requirement.
TSS – The Medium-Term Stream :
- Renewal: Capacity for visa renewal onshore and a permanent residence pathway after three years.
- Occupation lists : MLTSSL // For regional Australia – additional occupations available to support regional employers.
- English language requirements: IELTS 5 (or equivalent test) in each test component.
Eligibility criteria for both streams :
- Work experience requirement: at least two years’ work experience relevant to the particular occupation.
- Labour market testing (LMT): LMT will be mandatory, unless an international obligation applies.
- Minimum market salary rate: Employers must pay the Australian market salary rate and meet the Temporary Skilled Migration Income Threshold(Set at $53,900 as at 12 April 2016).
- Character: Mandatory penal clearance certificates to be provided.
- Workforce: A non-discriminatory workforce test to ensure employers are not actively discriminating against Australian workers.
We will keep update new information about Temporary Skill Shortage(TSS) Visa.
You can contact us in the form below if you have any questions about Australian visa.