Skip to main content

2 Types of  Temporary Graduate Visa! Which one will be my option?

Majority of international students are still confused about visa options after finish their course or courses. Yes!! You have visa which lets you live, study and work in Australia temporarily after completion of your course! Here are information about Temporary Graduate Visa (Subclass 485).

The visa has two different streams:

  1. Graduate Work Stream (GW)
  2. Post Study Work Stream (PSW)

How those two streams are different?

Graduate Work Stream Post Study Work Stream
Major Eligibility Criteria Completed course must be related with occupation in Medium and Long-Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) 1st Australian Student visa lodged and Granted on or after 5th of November 2011
Australian Study Requirement 2 years study – Must be related nominated occupation under MLTSSL At least 2 years study for Bachelor, Master and PHD
English Requirement IELTS Overall 6.0(each 5.0) IELTS Overall 6.0(each 5.0)
Mandatory Skill Assessment Required Not Requred
Duration 1.5 years Bachelor & Master (Coursework) – 2years

Master (research) – 3years

Phd – 4 years


Visa Application Charge:

Visa subclass Temporary Graduate (Subclass 485)
Base application charge $1,500
Non-internet application charge $80
 Additional applicant charge 18 and over $750
 Additional applicant charge under 18 $375

*Terms and Condition Apply.

Please contact us to get free eligibility check for 485 visa!