Migration Update : 28 September 2022
1. Unrestricted Work Rights for Student Visa Holders extended until 30 June 2023
To address workforce shortages, student visa work hours restrictions have been temporarily relaxed. This will end on 30 June 2023. Until 30 June 2023, all ongoing students as well as new student arrivals and secondary applicants are able to work more than 40 hours a fortnight in any sector of the economy and work before their course of study commences.
After the 30 June 2023, the number of hours a student visa holder will be allowed to work will again be capped. Students must make sure they are aware of any changes to visa conditions, including work rights.
2. Tasmania Migration Updates
Tasmania has announced updated migration requirements for skilled candidates planning to apply for a state nomination under visa SC 190 or 491. State will nominate applicants who have lived and worked in the state for at least 6 months and overseas applicants. The Tasmanian migration announced apparently the most complicated migration program among other Australian states. According to the new requirements, candidates who meet the minimum criteria and have at least one gold or green priority attribute can now register their interest in nomination. Those applicants who meet the minimum requirements but do not have priority will be able to register their interest in the state nomination later in October 2022.
3. Skilled Independent Visa (subclass 189) update
- 12,200 invitations were issued for 189 Visa on 22nd Aug round with lowest point, only 65
- Department of Home Affairs published the invitation data for the first round in this financial year 2022/23. 12,200 invitations were issued for both onshore and offshore applicants.
4. Migration Queensland update
- Migration Queensland advises that the interim nomination allocation (quota) for the business program (BIIP) has now been filled.
- Migration Queensland is currently awaiting further advice from Home Affairs as to when this final allocation will be provided.
5. QLD Invitation received for 190 and 491 visas
Last week, SOL Migration received three invitations for 190 and 491 visas:
- 100 points, Multi-media Specialist, 491 invitation
- 95 points, Nurse-aged care, 190 invitation
- 80 points, Early Childhood (pre-primary school) Teacher, 190 invitation
6. 189 visa Update
SOL Migration has received lots of 189 visas granted within only a month since we received the invitations in August.