Migration Update : 24 Jun 2022
- No more skills assessments or nominated occupation required for 485 Graduate stream from July 2022.
- ACT announced NEW ACT critical skills list
- Visa Application Fee will be increased from 1st of July 2022 by 3 %.
- SOM Migration will have Migration Information Day on 30th of July!
1. No more skills assessments or nominated occupation required for 485 Graduate stream from July 2022.
From 1st of July 2022, nominating occupation & skills assessment are no longer required for Graduate Work stream.
Attached statement clearly mentioned about eligible qualification for study requirement which has not changed!
- Trade Qualification
You have to complete at least 2 years Diploma or Advanced Diploma courses to be eligible to apply this Graduate Work Visa (subclass 485)
So, if you recently completed any single Diploma (or above), we would suggest you to apply another Diploma(or above) to get 485 visa option by end of June 2023.
2. ACT announced NEW ACT critical skills list
The ACT Critical Skills List identifies the occupations in current demand in the ACT. 24 June 2022, The ACT Government updated ACT critical skills list which related with Skilled Work Regional Visa (subclass 491) and Skilled Nominated Visa (subclass 190).
You will be eligible to claim points in the Canberra Matrix if your nominated occupation is on the Critical Skills List or you are working in an occupation on the List.
Check updated occupations here
3. Visa Application Fee will be increased from 1st of July 2022 by 3 %
The Department of Home Affairs have announced to increase the Visa Application Fees from 1 July 2022.
|Before 1st July 2022||From 1st July 2022|
|500 Student Visa||$630||$650|
|485 Temporary Graduate Visa||$1,680||$1,730|
|820/801 Partner Visa||$7,850||$8,085|
|600 Tourist Visa(Onshore)||$370||$385|
|189/190/491 General Skilled Visa||$4,115||$4,240|
4. SOL Migration will have Migration Information Day on 30th of July!
SOL Migration will host the migration seminar on Thursday 30 of June. The seminar will cover 3 topics which is Chef, Construction Worker and Engineering Draftsperson.
- 2:30-3:00PM: Migrate as a Chef
- 3:30-4:00PM: Migrate as a Construction worker
- 4:00-4:30PM: Migrate as an Engineering Draftsperson